Friday, July 29, 2005

My handy dandy...

DELL-POD!!!! i love this thing. it and i have become ONE! its like my damn cell-phone. cant leave home without it and if i do... im damned for the day! this morning my handy dandy dell-pod took me down memory lane. i love setting it on random play so i can be surprised when i hear a tune that i havent heard in awhile. let me take you down the road i traveled this mo'nin.

Musiq Soulchild:
Song: Love
Did anyone know that the original title of this song was " Lord"? Yup... sure was. But Def Soul advised him to tred lightly on the religious realm. Im sure they had no intentions on putting out a "gospel" if you will, artist. But hey, it was a hit anyway! hearing that song reminded me of sophomore year at Pace U. those were some good/ bad/ trying times man! Has anyone ever heard his song " Aimewitue"? THAT SONG IS BEAUTIFUL! My husband is going to dedicate that to me. ( Someone drop the bug in K.J.C's ear)

Hi Five:
Song: Unconditional Love
OHHHH SHYT! When i heard this i was like wow! I didnt even remember i had this on my comp nonetheless my dell-pod! This was the JAM!! HI Five was one of the ORIGINALLLL boy groups! I wonder where they are now...

Tweet:
Song: Smoking Cigarettes/ Beautiful
This song made ME wanna puff on a cancer stick! But Beautiful?... thats another song that my hubby is going to dedicate to me (K.J.C).


My eyes aint never seen,
someone so beautiful
so much class, so much joy
you're the first thought of each day

Cant say much about her new album but dammit, vintage Tweet was the shit! Drunk is a great song too.

Lauryn Hill:
Song: The Sweetest Thing
I have no clue what to say! Lord knowss im a HUGE L-boogie fan! hearing this song damn near brought tears to MINE EYES! The Love Jones album was a classic but this song right HERE, was a masterpiece.

H-Town:
Song: Part Time Lover
Im telling you, the 90's were some good times. I will always be into entertainment, especially music of most genres, but the state of music today is very questionable compared to the 90's. Although H-Town wasnt one of the biggest groups in the world, they still had some jams! *sigh* man i miss the 90's.

...signing off with a smile*

3 Comments:

Blogger NIKKI D.City Star said...

I love tweet's song smoking Ciggarettes! It got me through my sophmore year crush...awww memories!

12:51 AM  
Blogger THE PURPLE CRUSH COLLECTIVE said...

Didnt it make u wanna take a Cigarette break from life? Knowing damn well you dont smoke!

12:51 PM  
Blogger Spike Zee said...

Beautiful by Tweet. That song is oh so very tight, I must admit.

5:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home