Tuesday, September 06, 2005

The Emancipation of me!

so ive decided that the rest of the year is going to be used to prepare myself to take 06 by storm... im still confused as hell but i DO KNOW that im going to use the rest of the year to get my ass in order. i have a plan! and i will stick to it... i want a certain amount of money saved up, most of my debt paid, and i want to be thhhissss close to moving into my own apt come jan/feb 06. thats not too much to ask is it? i didnt think so either... im also just going to stick to what im doing now jobwise... im always searching for a new job but i think im going to lay low for the rest of the year. im always on monster, craigslist, entcareers.net, always coming across great career opportunities. but instead of trying to jump on everything that i see, im going to be content with what i have for now and build with that... makes sense?? Allhiphop is doing the damn thing right now and im not going any damn where... the consultant job is going well too... so im just g0ing to stick with it and build... i know i want to be this on air personality cuz' i have personality and.... i should be ON AIR... hahah (im corny) but whats my rush... ? i try to do everything at once... in college i was able to pull it off... internship, on campus job ( CC & Cymple were the best mentors!) president of and active member of a few on-campus organizations... oh... and not to mention class... i balanced them all... kinda... lol... but i need to take things in stride... relax... plan... strategically... have a plan A, B and C. thats what im going to use 06 for... entertainment isnt going anywhere... at all...

i have to keep reminding myself that good ol' Free didnt get to BET until she was 32, but im not waiting that long for my attack... :o)


...signing off with a smile*

4 Comments:

Blogger ..Sue...Zette... said...

Amen!!!

3:51 AM  
Blogger princessdominique said...

Kudos to you Tola! Better to have plan a, b and c rather than no plan at all. Check out my new spot at www.princessdominique.com/blog

7:50 AM  
Blogger G. Cornelius said...

You better take 06 by storm!
I'll keep you posted

1:53 PM  
Blogger Shelia said...

Hang on in there. Make your goals and scratch them off as you go...what I've found worked for me was to make yearly goals and then each day I write in my journal things I want to accomplish that day...my productivity increased tremendously...I'm still not where I want to be in my career, but it's not without trying...I refuse to stop pursuing it though...and each day as I scratch something off my "to do" list, I feel like I'm one step from making it.

6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home