Thursday, April 14, 2005

Slow down...

So... three nights ago I went to the Bobby Valentino album listening party at Negrils. Can you say Q T PIEEE!!!! BUT... can you also say SHO.RT! Damn...

Example


So... im sure all of you know who Bobby V is. His single is steadily climbing charts. Hes getting some serious airplay and is in heavy rotation on the West Coast and is definately making some noise now, here on the east side. Im sure you have noticed that he was the lead singer in the group Mista (think back to 96). Oh... no? You dont remember Mista? Let me refresh your memory...

*A-Hem* * clearing throat*

Blaaackkberryyy molllaassesss
one of the things that never changeeee
you gotta keep pushing onnn
the sun dont reign all the timee
there's gonna be some heartache and painnnn

* taking a bow*
Thank you thank you!

Anywho, the event was kool. I went and networked as usual. I did what I do like I was doing it for TV!!! In between my mingling and sipping (water) I was able to take a listen to some of the tracks on his album, and if I must say so myself, hes going to do well. First off, hes a cutie ( short. as. hell. but still a cutie) and hes associated with one of the most creative rappers and production teams in the music industry (Ludacris and Chaka Zulu). There is no way that he wont have serious sales his first week out, (well there is a way, but lets just hope that Def Jam's marketing deptartment is on their ish*).

Back to Mista for a moment:

Mista

Listening to Bobby V. inspired me to dig through my crates and find my old Mista CD. I loved listening to this CD as much as I did as a 14/15 year old. Im sure that if they had the right team behind them, and released another godo single, they would have a made a lil' more noise and might have been a bigger staple in people's memories. Oh well... but the album is good. I wouldnt say its one to search through amazon or ebay for, but if you can download a few tracks, that would be enough. Lol..


...signing off with a coke and a smile*

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

GIRL!! I love Slow Down! I hope he does well!!! Can you believe I posted about him/this a few months ago?? Check it out...

http://kidan.blogs.com/rants/2005/03/feelin_this.html

5:46 PM  
Blogger THE PURPLE CRUSH COLLECTIVE said...

HHAHAHAH.. sorry bout that! Our posts look damn identical! Great minds think alike huh???

11:37 AM  
Blogger The All Knowing said...

I still listen to my Mista Cd. "What Love Is" is my fav cut from the album. I'm glad to see someone from Mista has made a comeback.

12:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home